We all know the importance of talking more with our kids – and how getting them to open up can not only help their mental health – but also start building stronger relationships within the family.
But it can be really hard to know what to say for the best, or even where to start.
“Change comes from the parents,” says Piers.
Here he shows us how to break the habitual cycles of communication (or lack of it) that often keep us stuck in our relationships
This episode is jam-packed with practical tools to help parents open up conversations with even the most reluctant teenager.
Piers details a number of exercises :
* Perfect Affirmation : Helping kids to concentrate on what they want. How to switch perspective from negative thinking to something more positive.
* The Round Room : Helping us to release the emotions, so that we don’t need to carry grudges into our conversations.
* 3 Chairs : Helping us to understand a situation – from a different perspective.Often leading to more sympathetic connections. (It’s not all about us!)
* The Letter Technique : Releasing the feelings and the pent up emotions – giving us the freedom to move forward again.
Supporting Parents Build a Mentally Healthier and
Happier Generation of Young People
Three Questions to Ask Your Uncommunicative Child :
All too often parents say to me :
“My child won’t speak to me”
“I know something’s not quite right – but they won’t tell me what’s wrong.”
Well, I have a resource for you. Download this FREE Resource : 📍www.caigraham.com/threequestions
It will help you reconnect with your child quickly and easily; and in a way that will not drive them to their bedroom to avoid you!
* Breathing Through BIG Emotions :
If you or your child are struggling with your emotions at the minute – then I have a great online course that introduces you to 7 different breathing exercises that a can get you out of many sticky situations :
The Course is available here :📍www.caigraham.com/breathe
* If you need to get in touch – Please email me at email@example.com
EP 22 – Piers Day – Building Better Relationships
iTunes : : HERE :
Spotify : : HERE :